Being well organized is an essential characteristic of real estate agents. Developing an open house kit can help you be organized and prepared for your open house. Keeping these items on hand help one to stay prepared and reduces the stress of planning the event. Here are the steps to develop an open house kit:
- Choose a bag or box: Start by selecting a bag or box that is easy to carry and has enough space to hold all the items you will need for the open house.
- Basic supplies: Gather basic supplies such as pens, paper, scissors, tape, and markers, to create any necessary signage or to make last-minute adjustments to the property.
- Sign-in sheet: Prepare a sign-in sheet to collect contact information from potential buyers. Include fields for their name, phone number, email address, and any additional comments they may have.
- Marketing materials: Create flyers, brochures, or other marketing materials that showcase the property’s features and include information about the neighborhood and local amenities.
- Information packet: Prepare an information packet containing details about the property, including recent upgrades, amenities, and neighborhood features.
- Refreshments: Offer light refreshments, such as water, coffee, and snacks, to create a welcoming atmosphere and make visitors feel comfortable.
- Staging items: Consider bringing staging items such as furniture, cushions, throws, and other decorative items to create an inviting atmosphere in the home.
- Business cards: Have business cards on hand to provide visitors with your contact information and make it easy for them to get in touch with you.
- Open house signs: Prepare signs to place in the neighborhood and at nearby intersections to direct visitors to the property.
By developing an open house kit, you can ensure that you have all the necessary supplies and materials on hand to create a successful and organized open house event. Have any other helpful ideas? Feel free to share them in the comments.