This post contains affiliate links. This means that I recieve a commission from any purchase through these links.
Decluttering your home can be a refreshing change that is good for both physical and mental health. There are a variety of benefits that are not limited to the following list. However, decluttering a home can be difficult to start. So it is good to have a clear plan to take care of your home and get it back to a healthy functional state.
- Less time cleaning
- Spend less time organizing
- Reduce stress
- Spend more time on your real passions
6 Simple Steps to get you started
- Start by focusing on 5 minutes at a time. If you’re just starting out, five minutes a day will help you gain momentum.
- Every day, give away one thing. This would mean that your home would no longer contain 365 items each year. You would have given away 730 items you no longer needed if you increased this to two per day! You can always increase the number as you get more comfortable with the process.
- Donate your unused clothing. Develop a method to track what you use. One method is to simply place all of your clothing on hooks facing backwards to help you recognize them. Face the hanger in the right direction after removing an item from it. After a few months, throw away the clothes you never touched.
- Make a list of things to clean up. When you can see where you need to start decluttering, it is much simpler to do so.
- Ask a friend for assistance. Ask a friend or member of your family to go through your home and make suggestions for a few large items to donate or discard. Your pal must concur with your justification if you want to protect the object and maintain it. It’s time to get rid of it if they don’t concur.
- Boxes should be obtained and marked as trash, gifts, keeps, or relocations. Place each item inside a box and go into any room of your house. It might take a few days, weeks, or even months, but once you do it, you’ll be able to realize how many things you actually have and will be aware of what to do with each one.