Sometimes you will notice that your computer is not running as fast as it used to. In many cases, simply turning it off and then back on again can solve the problem. But that is not always the most effective solution. Below is a list of some simple steps that can be taken to improve the speed and performance of your computer.
1. Close any programs or applications you are not using: Closing any programs or applications that you are not actively using can free up valuable system resources and help speed up your computer.
2. Uninstall any programs you are not using: Uninstalling any programs that you are not actively using can help free up disk space and system resources, which can help increase your computer’s speed.
3. Clean up your hard drive by deleting old files and programs: By deleting old files and programs that you no longer use, you can free up disk space and help improve your computer’s speed.
4. Run a disk defragmenter to reorganize your files: A disk defragmenter can reorganize your files and programs in a more efficient way, which can help improve your computer’s speed.
5. Update your operating system and applications regularly: Keeping your operating system and applications up to date can help ensure that they are running optimally and can help your computer run faster.
6. Run a virus scan and malware scan to remove any malicious software: Running a virus scan and malware scan can help remove any malicious software that may be slowing down your computer.
7. Increase your RAM if necessary: Many new computers do not have the ability to accept additional RAM. But if you have a computer that has expandable memory, take advantage of it and add more. If you are not sure of how much to add, the manual usually will let you know how much additional RAM can be added.
If yo have any other comments or suggestions, I would love to read them. Feel free to leave a comment below.