Around the house there are several tasks that you can do by yourself that do not require a professional or a lot of tools. Below is a list of some common maintenance task that can be done around the house on a routine basis. I will be expanding on each of these topics in future posts.
1. Cleaning the gutters:
Gutters should be cleaned at least twice a year, usually in the fall and spring. However, if you live in an area with a lot of trees and debris, you may need to clean them more often to prevent blockages and damage.
1. Cleaning the gutters: This involves removing any debris like leaves, twigs, and dirt from the gutter troughs and flushing them with water to make sure they are draining properly.
2. Changing air filters: This is important for maintaining indoor air quality, as air filters help remove dust, dirt, and other airborne particles from the air.
3. Painting: This can help make a room look more attractive, as well as protect the walls and other surfaces from damage.
4. Replacing light fixtures: This can help update the look of a room and can also help to make a room more efficient by providing better lighting.
5. Cleaning drains: This can help prevent clogs and build-up that can cause plumbing issues.
6. Replacing door locks: This can help improve security and give you peace of mind.
7. Caulking windows and doors: This helps to prevent drafts and air leaks, which can cause energy loss and make a home uncomfortable.
8. Unclogging toilets: This can help prevent overflows and other plumbing issues.
9. Replacing faucets: This can help improve the look of a room and also help reduce
10. Changing smoke detector batteries: Smoke detector batteries should be changed at least once a year or as recommended by the manufacturer.
This is just a list to start with, but there are several other jobs that can be done around the home easily. If you have any other suggestions, please leave a comment below.